Property management land surveyor activity is a service which includes the making of state land surveying basic maps, the managing of the works needed for entering changes in such maps, and the signing, examination, and quality certification of such work items. The property management land surveyor activity is classified in the Standard Classification of Economic Activities (TEÁOR'08 = NACE Rev. 2) as follows: Within Division 71 Architectural engineering activities; technical testing and analysis, and Group 71.1 Architectural engineering activities; technical testing and analysis, in the following classes
- 71.11 Architectural engineering; technical testing and analysis
- 71.12 Engineering activity, technical consultancy.
Property management land surveyor activity may be performed by a person who has no criminal record, is not banned from working as land surveyor or cartographer, is not involved in any pending penal proceeding, has the special qualification required for the activity, and at least five years of experience, and has reference works.
The special land surveyor and cartographer qualifications required for performing property management land surveyor activity are the following:
- land surveying engineer degree, degree in construction engineering specialised in land surveying, or a degree in land surveying engineering and geographical IT sciences (GIS);
- land surveyor, land management operating engineer, as well as land surveyor, land management engineer qualification;
- univ. degree in construction engineering, univ. degree of forest engineering, univ. degree of mining engineering or univ. degree of cartography, or a plant engineer or engineer qualification acquired in the field of construction engineering;
- certificate as land surveyor technician, cartographer technician, land surveyor and cartographer technician, special land surveyor technician, or special cadastral technician certificate;
- any other special technician certificate, technician certificate or certificate from a technical secondary school not included above, where land surveying or cartography is included in the qualification (maturity examination) subjects;
- certificate from the land surveying course earlier organised by National Agency of Land Registration and Cartography, or National Agency of Land Survey and Cartography.
A land surveyor’s track record may include the following:
- the time spent in a land surveyor position as confirmed by the employer;
- the time of activity in the capacity of specific professional instructor at a secondary or tertiary level training institute which provides a qualification accepted as specific qualification required for the teaching of property management land surveyor activity;
- the time of land surveying activity performed as an individual or as a member of an economic association, after obtaining the specific qualification required for land surveying activity.
Land surveying reference work
- land surveyor activity performed for the land registry office,
- at least 30 items of land surveying work, with the indication of the name of the land registry office accepting the work, which were performed in order to establish land parcel boundaries, or which resulted in a change in the contents of a property registry map, or
- preparation of a state land surveying basic map of at least 100 hectares of incorporated area or at least 1000 hectares of unincorporated area, with the indication of the name of the land registry office accepting the work.
Procedures related to the commencing and performing of the service activity
For the purposes of property management land surveyor activity, Institute of Geodesy, Cartography and Remote Sensing (hereinafter: FÖMI) shall be the competent administrative body of land surveying and geodesic information science. In addition to the supervisory powers of FÖMI, the county land registry offices working as property administration agencies of Budapest Government Office and the county government offices also have the responsibility to perform administrative control in connection with the property management land surveying activity and the observance of the competence requirements relevant to the performance of this activity.
Performance of the activity of property management land surveying requires a land surveyor qualification according to the license from FÖMI. Applications for the performance of property management land surveyor activity may be submitted in writing or personally at FÖMI (data form). required for the submission of a petition. For technical reasons, cases cannot be initiated electronically at the moment. The following items must be attached to the application:
- a certificate from the authorities (good conduct certificate), which proves the lack of a cause for exclusion of the petitioner due to his/her criminal record, ban from a profession, or being subject to the effect of a penal proceeding; or a petition requesting the agency maintaining the criminal records to forward the data relevant to the existence of such facts to FÖMI based on a request from FÖMI for such data,
- a data form available at the website of FÖMI,
- a copy of the certification which proves the special qualification,
- professional CV,
- the documents supporting the term of experience,
- a list of reference works,
- a photocopy of the cash transfer order which proves the payment of the fee for the administrative service.
In justified cases, the Qualification Board of Property Management Land Surveyors may request additions to the data listed above or the submission of additional documents.
FÖMI shall assess the application within the general administrative deadline of 30 days, which deadline may be extended by 30 days on one occasion by the head of the authority.
If the application fully meets the requirements of the legal requirements, FÖMI will permit the performing of property management land surveying activity and, based on that, issue a certificate as proof of qualification of property management land surveyor. Related to the license, FÖMI issues a land surveyor certificate for the licensee, which proves the relevant rights.
An administrative service fee of HUF 5000 must be paid for the issuance of the property management land surveyor qualification.
The fee of issuing a copy of a lost, damaged or destroyed certificate is HUF 1500.
The fee of issuing, modifying or replacing a land surveyor certificate is HUF 4000.
The above fees must be paid by bank transfer or money order to the following bank account number of FÖMI: 10032000-01474527-00000000.
FÖMI maintains a registry of persons licensed to perform property management land surveying activity.
Performing the activity in the framework of a cross-border service
In connection with the property management land surveying activity there is no regulation within the sector that would require that a person who lawfully performs this activity in her/his member country (EU, EEA) of residence should be subject to specific licensing or notification requirements in the case of rendering cross-border services in Hungary i.e. on an occasional or temporary basis without settling down in Hungary.
Cross-border service provision
If you wish to launch this service in the form of cross-border service provision, please click here to read the general conditions of cross-border service provision in Hungary.
Legal regulations relevant to the service activity and procedures
Legal regulations of the sector, primarily relevant to the property management land surveying activity and procedures:
- Act LXXVI. of 1996 on land surveying and cartographic activities,
- Joint Decree 21/1997 (III. 12.) of FM-HM on the implementation of certain provisions of Act LXXVI. of 1996 on land surveying and cartographic activities,
- Decree 16/1997 (III. 5.) of FM on the implementation of Act LXXVI. of 1996 on land surveying and cartographic activities,
- Joint Decree 63/1999. (VII. 21.) of FVM-HM-PM on the management and service of land surveying and cartographic state basic data, and certain administrative service fees,
- Government Decree 338/2006 (XII. 23.) on land registry offices, Institute of Geodesy, Cartography and Remote Sensing, Board on Geographic Names, and the detailed rules of procedure of land registry procedure,
- Act CXL. of 2004 on the general rules of the procedures and services of administrative authorities,
- Act LXXVI. of 2009 on the general rules of commencing and performing of service activities.